Saturday 29 August 2009

More Germans


Here are some close-ups of Nuni's lovely German Nefs. I really like the way he has added colour to them with the red keels and the deck staining.


He tells me:
These I actually did some research and found that some German ships of the period had a reddish lower hull side and I tried to go for that look, with a grey superstructure. I decided I wanted the deck to feel darker than was the actual case

- white undercoat
- 1:1 vallejo game colour gory red/blood red for the side of the hull
- GW ogryn flesh wash on the decking followed by a watered down GW badab black wash
- GW foundation adeptus battlegrey on the turrets, superstructure and the sides an rear of the tail
- GW bleached bone on the top of the tail and superstructure, followd by devlan mud wash
- GW chaos black for the chimneys
- Devlan mud wash on the masts

No comments:


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!