Tuesday 18 December 2007

Pre-Dreadnought prototype from North Head Miniatures

I got this email today from Simon at North Head Miniatures:

Dave and were having a discussion the other morning over the paper and our morning tea about where we could possibly expand into next year, 2008. We want to continue working on the 1/1200 Ironclads and I have a project that I am working on that we have yet to agree on. However, we both have a love of pre-dreadnoughts and WW1. So we were thinking of maybe producing a range of ships for those periods, maybe focusing on the Med and the Black Sea.


We have rather quickly knocked out a sample to see what it could look like and I have used my rather poor painting skills, as Dave was busy designing, to show you what would be possible and ask if you thought it was worth going forward. The miniature is the Italian Regina Elena . Your thoughts would be appreciated.



I for one love this period (almost as much as the Ironclad era) and heartily support the idea of expanding such a range in this scale, which matches nicely with Aeronef and the forthcoming Land Ironclads and Aquanef.

What do you think? Leave your comments here!

5 comments:

Paul O'G said...

I asked for some more opinions here:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=128673

Eli Arndt said...

I would love to see predreadnoughts in 1/1200 for no other reason than that is the scale I play Aeronef in and am absolutely in love with doing an air surface battle.

Paul O'G said...

Great minds think alike, I want to do the same thing but with a sub-surface dimension added in with Aquanef!

Ike said...

I say, Yes! By all means, the Med in pre-dreadnaught. Don't forget torpedo boats and gunboats and torpedo-boat destroyers and ... *pant* *pant*

*straightens his cravat*

Ahem. Yes, as I was saying, I delightful pre-production trial model. By all means, do produce them. Thank you.

raybanoutlet001 said...

nike trainers
hugo boss sale
nike air max 90
snapbacks wholesale
ugg outlet
adidas nmd
omega watches sale
ugg boots
jordan 4
ralph lauren


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!