Thursday 21 December 2006

Nautilis Surfaces!

Nick AKA 'malamute' from 'Displaced Miniatures' posted these cracking pics of Capt Nemo and crew to TMP a little while ago while I myself was at sea hunting these aquanef deamons!

He says "I have just posted some photos of my Nautilus with crew. The model was made by PMC Games and I don't think it is still available. The crew are by Redoubt Enterprises and came with the ship. I have just got some of Redoubt's ACW sailors with pistols and cutlasses to use as my shore party."

You must admit he has done a stirling job, and that metallic effect is simply smashing! Bravo old Bean!
http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Malamute/images.html?galleryId=1774&from=Nautilus

1 comment:

Paul O'G said...

Nick sent me the following email about his Nautilis:

"Hi Paul,

Thank you for your comments about my Nautilus. NO problem with you posting it to your blog.

I am very pleased with the results.The paint job is quite simple, its a white, followed by black undercoat then GW Boltgun drybrush, followed by Mithril Silver lighter drybrush.

Then I use thinned chestnut and Brown inks to create the rust effects and then some Dark Angels green to simulate the water staining.

I have no idea if this is how a real submarine would look, but it works for me!

Its a technique I use on all my Victorian stuff. I like a grim, dirty look on my vehicles.

I like your Blog, we obviously have similar interests.Some nice stuff, I like your Russians.

I am just finishing a Victorian London wargames Table complete with Warehouses, docks, graveyard and the British Museum.

I will endeavor to get some photos up on my Displaced site soon.

Happy Christmas!

Nick"


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!